- May 1: Toy manufacturing giant Mattel, Inc. announces they signed an exclusive, multi-year global music licensing deal with Warner Music Group's Arts Music division, which became the sole distributor of Mattel's catalog of more than 1,000 songs from its brands, including Barney.
- August 9: A Day in the Park with Barney closed temporarily at Universal Orlando Resort due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restricting the characters to outdoor meet and greets. The attraction would close permanently the following year.
- September 25: A Barney channel was incorporated on the free streaming service, Pluto TV for its Latin American grid.
- January 10 - Brice Armstrong (voice actor)
- March 30 - Tomie dePaola (children's author and illustrator)
- April 5 - Shirley Douglas (actress)
- July 24 - Regis Philbin (television host - Barney has guest appeared many times on his show)
- Toy Story: Warner Music Pairs With Mattel to Play With Songs From Barbie, Thomas, American Girl
- Universal Orlando to Temporarily Close Several Attractions
- Pluto TV agrega 6 nuevas señales en su grilla de América Latina
- ‘Dragon Ball Z’ Narrator Brice Armstrong Has Passed Away at 84
- Obituary: Tomie dePaola
- Shirley Douglas Dies: Actress, Activist And Mother Of Kiefer Sutherland Was 86
- TV host Regis Philbin buried at Notre Dame, his alma mater