9 Story Media Group Inc. is a Canadian children's media production company and international distributor founded on September 1, 2002 and headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. The company has facilities in Toronto, New York, Dublin, and Bali.
9 Story Media Group was founded as 9 Story Entertainment in on September 1, 2002 by Vincent "Vince" Commisso, Steve Jarosz and Blake Tohana. The company established itself as a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences.
Throughout the existence of the company, it has secured multiple distribution deals. 9 Story first launched its international distribution division in September 21, 2006 which was headed by Natalie Osborne. On October 21, 2016, it was announced that the company revived the division as 9 Story Distribution International Ltd.
On October 6, 2015, 9 Story Media Group announced a long-term partnership with HIT Entertainment, the now subsidiary of Mattel, to distribute Barney & Friends and Angelina Ballerina, as well as as relaunching both properties for a reboot that was slated to debut in 2017 with fifty-two eleven minute episodes (for both properties). Production never occurred for either one of the properties. Since then, the company has held distribution rights to (both) the Barney (and Angelina Ballerina) franchise under 9 Story Distribution International Ltd.
Since acquiring distribution rights to the Barney franchise, the company took control of the official Barney YouTube channel.
- November 27, 2016: 9 Story secured multiple agreements across Asia thus making Deltamac - available in Hong Kong - licensed to broadcast the seventh and eighth seasons of Barney & Friends. 
- Fall 2017: Season fourteen of Barney & Friends became available to stream on Kikiriki TV, a digital children's channel from 9 Story Media Group.
- March 25, 2021: Fox Corporation's streaming service Tubi has announced they entered into a content deal with 9 Story Media Group to obtain one year of exclusive streaming rights to Seasons seven through nine of Barney & Friends, as well as non-exclusive streaming rights to Seasons ten through twelve. The episodes were released on April 9, 2021.In early-April of 2022, the series was removed from the service.
- October 25, 2021: New York-based studio and streamer FilmRise announced they licensed a slate of classic children’s shows for its North American AVoD platform FilmRise Streaming Network, including Barney & Friends, announcing they're showcasing Seasons ten through fourteen. They have been acquired in non-exclusive deals with 9 Story Media Group.
The first Barney Home Video for 9 Story to distribute was Playground Fun!, an episode compilation video of a few Barney & Friends episodes, released in 2017. The year afterwards, the company distributed a few home videos that were released prior to them obtaining distribution rights (alongside Universal Pictures Home Entertainment).
- In response to misspelling Barney's name on a YouTube upload of the episode "Trail Boss Barney" (on August 31, 2016) the company tweeted (on September 2, 2016) that Barney considered changing his name but changed his mind.
- 9 Story Launches New Distribution Division Led By Former Universal Studios Executive
- 9 Story Media Group Launches International Distribution Operation in Dublin, Ireland
- 9 Story opens Dublin-based distribution operation
- 9 Story Media Group Secures Multiple Agreements Across Asia
- Tubi to Stream ‘Barney & Friends’ Beginning April 9
- Tubi Grabs Streaming Rights to 1990s Children’s Hit ‘Barney & Friends’
- | FilmRise acquires children’s shows including Barney & Friends, Angelina Ballerina