|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Season 7, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 2, 2002|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
You Are Special
Up, Down and Around!
PlotBarney's friends are racing to clean up the park, but Kami has trouble keeping up with the other kids - even when they pretend to be ants marching in a parade! Barney and Scott visit the Idea Bench where Scott comes up with a great idea - to show Kami that even though the caboose is the last car in the train, it's the most important because that's where the conductor rides. With Kami playing "Conductor for the Day," they learn all about trains and have fun checking out a model train. Then, they work together to clean up the old caboose in the park as they sing "I've Been Working On the Railroad". When Barney tells them how railroad signal flags are used, the children make their own flags and wave them around the park. Barney's friends learn that from the first to the last in line, everyone is special.
- Barney Theme Song
- Pop Goes the Weasel
- The Ants Go Marching
- The Idea Song
- The Caboose Rides in the Back
- I've Been Working on the Railroad
- Wave the Flags
- Laugh With Me!
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- Working Title: "On The Right Track".
- This episode marked:
- The first time Barney is voiced by Dean Wendt and performed by Carey Stinson on the Barney & Friends television series.
- The first episode to be filmed on the park set.
- The first appearances of Angela, Kami, Mario, and Scott.
- The only time Angela doesn't wear regular glasses. She starts wearing them in "Stop! Go!".
- In the middle of the song, "I've Been Working on the Railroad", Tim Dever's Barney voice can be heard as Barney chuckles.
- This episode was featured on a Barney promo VHS tape along with "Bunches of Boxes".
- This was also featured along in the Asian Barney video release of "All Around the Park"
- This episode was also featured in "Clean Up, Clean Up!".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.