- This video is not to be confused with the song of the same name.
|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air date||April 22, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||The Letters of the Alphabet|
Learning to Read
Happy Birthday, Barney!
Our Earth, Our Home
When Barney arrives to play with his friends, Derek plays "alphabet fun" by spelling a "mystery word" one letter at a time. The group plays games and sings songs related to each letter of the mystery word. Rhyming words, making alphabet soup, walking through the alphabet, and seeing how many letters they can make with their bodies all give the children many chances to play with letters and words. Children learn that having fun with letters and words and learning the alphabet are the first steps to reading.
- Barney Theme Song
- The Other Day I Met a Bear
- The Ants Go Marching
- I've Been Working on the Railroad
- The N Game
- Do Your Ears Hang Low?
- Alphabet Soup
- Yankee Doodle
- Alphabet Song
- I Love You
- "The Ants Go Marching" is shortened to 6 lines (instead of 10 lines) However in the Barney Collection 2 video, it is extended to 9 lines. In addition, "Do Your Ears Hang Low", "Yankee Doodle," and the "Alphabet Song" are all cut from the Israeli version of the episode.
- Hachaverim Shel Barney adapted this episode in many ways to fit the Hebrew Aleph Bet. For example, as Barney's name in Hebrew is only four letters (Bet, Resh, Nun, Yod (ברני)), the mystery word is instead Barney-le (which is six letters in Hebrew letters).
- Also in the Hebrew version of this episode, Baby Bop wasn't in the Hebrew Alef Bet.
|• The Queen of Make-Believe • My Family's Just Right for Me • Playing It Safe • Hop to It! • Eat, Drink and Be Healthy! |
• Four Seasons Day • The Treasure of Rainbow Beard • Going Places! • Caring Means Sharing • Down on Barney's Farm
• What's That Shadow? • Happy Birthday, Barney! • Alphabet Soup! • Our Earth, Our Home • Let's Help Mother Goose!
• Be a Friend • I Just Love Bugs • When I Grow Up... • 1-2-3-4-5 Senses! • Practice Makes Music • Hi, Neighbor!
• A Camping We Will Go! • A Splash Party, Please • Carnival of Numbers • A World of Music • Doctor Barney is Here!
• Oh, What a Day! • Home Sweet Homes • Hola, Mexico! • Everyone is Special