|Barney & Friends Episode|
|An Adventure in Make-Believe|
|Season 2, Episode 15|
|Air date||October 15, 1993|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Stop, Look and Be Safe!
The Alphabet Zoo
The episode begins with David joining his friends Min and Shawn as they search the playground for birds. Barney comes to life to join their song, and they continue to look for birds. Upon spotting a strange bird with a peculiar whistle, the groups discovers that it is in fact BJ standing on a tree stump.After asking what he is looking for, BJ explains that he has found a note instructing him to find and return a lost princess in the "Make Believe Jungle". He laments about why he cannot find it before Barney explains that BJ must use his imagination to find the jungle in question. After an unsuccessful attempt to imagine the jungle, the kids suggest that they go inside the classroom to help BJ practice.
Inside the classroom, the kids give BJ suggestions through songs and make believe games of their own. With his new-found pretending abilities, BJ decides that he is ready to imagine the jungle. This time, he is successful, and the playground is transformed into a jungle before the group's eyes.As they search through the jungle, BJ catches a glimpse of something behind a bush. Upon further investigation, the "princess" is revealed to be BJ's sister Baby Bop. Realizing that Baby Bop couldn't've written the note herself, the kids find out that Barney is in fact responsible for the whole adventure.
BJ becomes disappointed, thinking that he never needed to save the princess at all. Baby Bop immediately reassures him, telling BJ that she couldn't possibly make it home by herself. Heartened by this, BJ decides to lead his younger sister back to their home again, and the kids say their goodbyes to Barney.
- Barney Theme Song
- The Little Bird
- Just Imagine
- If I Lived Under the Sea
- Home on the Range
- The Airplane Song
- Jungle Adventure
- Just Imagine (Reprise)
- I Love You
- On January 19, 1994, this episode was released on home video as Let's Pretend with Barney. On the front cover it says "Introducing BJ" despite his actual debut being in "Look at Me, I'm 3!." The back of the cover also implies this is David's first appearance as well, although he first appeared in "My Favorite Things".
- During the closing shot with the Barney doll, an airplane sound effect was heard. For some reason, this is not heard in some versions of the episode.
- On the PBS Pledge Drive version for this episode, "The Airplane Song" and some scenes were cut for time constraints. To acknowledge these changes, Bob West redubbed the Barney Says segment to not include "The Airplane Song" scene.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.
|•Falling for Autumn! • Grandparents are Grand! • May I Help You? • Red, Blue and Circles Too!
• Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose! • Hoo's in the Forest? • I Can Do That! • Grown-Ups for a Day! • Picture This!
• Look at Me, I'm 3! • The Exercise Circus! • My Favorite Things • The Dentist Makes Me Smile
• Stop, Look and Be Safe! • An Adventure in Make Believe • The Alphabet Zoo • Having Tens of Fun!
• A Very Special Delivery!