Barney's Big Purple Bus Tour was a tour held in honor of Barney's 20th Anniversary and promote to the home video, Dino-Mite Birthday. It originally toured in North America from September 2007 to Spring 2008..
At each three-day stop, Barney along with a local celebrity first visited children at local Children's Miracle Network hospitals where Barney performed a birthday Sing-Along, took pictures and donated toys and DVDs to the hospital. The celebrity also presented Barney with a special gift, and when the tour ended, all the gifts collected throughout were auctioned off with all proceeds benefiting Children's Miracle Network.
On the second and third day, of each local stop, the children could color birthday cards for Barney, and get a picture with the purple guy himself. In addition to that, at some stops (including the Times Square stop), Barney performed a mini concert. At certain stops, Barney even spoke to guests in real time (via Dean Wendt performing Barney's voice via telephone).
Archive Tour Schedules
- February, 2008, Toys R Us, Alpharetta, GA
- February 22, 2008, Toys R Us, Orlando, FL
- March 29, 2008, Toys R Us, 22035 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance
- March 29, 2008 Toys R Us, 1833 La Cienega Blvd., L.A.
- ↑ HIT ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS DINO-MITE PLANS FOR BARNEY™’S 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Barney is far from extinct