Barney's Colorful World! is Barney's fifth stage show and third national stage show tour (after Barney's Big Surprise and Barney's Musical Castle). It first opened in New York in January of 2003 and toured in North America until 2004. The filmed performance of the show was released on video on September 14, 2004. It was also performed in Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico.
Barney has your ticket to adventure as he brings the magic of his colorful stage show to video. Join the purple dino-star and his co-stars, Baby Bop and BJ, as they visit exciting places and make new friends, including a tap-dancing monkey, an ice-skating polar bear and a starfish who sings rock and roll! Imagine flying to a rainforest, dancing with penguins in the Arctic, and exploring the colorful world under the sea. Sing and dance along with Barney on a magical, musical trip around our colorful world!
(The cast below is the cast featured in the video release)
- Barney (Voice: Dean Wendt, Costume: Patrick Mcalister / Rick Starkweather)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Jennifer Barlean / Matthew N. Myers)
- BJ (Voice: Patty Wirtz, Costume: Jerad Harris / Dave Kendall)
- Mike (Blake Garrett)
- Donny (Alex Collins)
- Sarah (Tory Green)
- Gina (Alexis Acosta)
- Polar Bear (David Voss)
- Starfish (David Voss)
New footage (US)
- "Barney Theme Song"
- "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- "Being Together"
- "Mr. Knickerbocker"
- "The Airplane Song"
- "Jungle Adventure"
- "The Elephant Song"
- "If All the Raindrops"
- "The Wheels on the Bus"
- "It's C-C Cold BRRRR!"
- "Look at Me I'm Dancing!"
- "The Rainbow Song"
- "I'd Love to Sail"
- "The Baby Bop Hop"
- "Mister Sun"
- "Castles So High"
- "The Duckies Do"
- "If I Lived Under the Sea"
- "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
- "Just Imagine"
- "Colors All Around"
- "I Love You"
Scenes from the Show
The original North American tour of the tour ran from January 2003 through to November 2004.
|ROCHESTER, NY||Blue Cross Arena||Feb. 11-12|
|WALLINGFORD, CT||Oakdale Theatre||Feb. 19-21|
|NASHVILLE, TN||Municipal Auditorium||Sep. 26-28|
|HUNTSVILLE, AL||Von Braun Center||Sep. 30-Oct. 1|
|MOBILE, AL||Mobile Civic Center||Oct. 7-8|
|OTTWA, ON||Corel Center||Nov. 11-12|
|BALTIMORE, MD||1st Mariner Arena||Dec. 19-21|
|NORFOLK, VA||Scope Arena||Dec. 29-30|
|CINCINNATI, OH||US Bank Arena||Jan. 2-4|
|CHATTANOOGA, TN||UTC McKenzie Arena||Jan. 6-7|
|MOBILE, AL||Mobile Civic Center||Jan. 9-10|
|MACON, GA||Macon Centreplex||Jan. 13-14|
|CHARLOTTE, NC||Cricket Arena||Jan. 16-18|
|LITTLE ROCK, AR||Alltel Arena||Jan. 20-21|
|BATON ROUGE, LA||Riverside Centroplex||Jan. 23-25|
|ATLANTA, GA||Atlanta Civic Center||Jan. 29-Feb. 1|
|COLUMBUS, GA||Columbus Civic Center||Feb. 3-4|
|CORAL GABLES, FL||U Of M Convocation Center||Feb. 6-8|
|ESTERO, FL||Teco Arena||Feb. 10-11|
|SUNRISE, FL||Office Depot Center||Feb. 17-18|
|TAMPA, FL||St. Pete Times Forum||Feb. 20-22|
|PHOENIX, AZ||Dodge Theatre||Mar. 12-14|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND||Metro Radio Arena Newcastle||May 25-26|
|DUBLIN, IRELAND||Point Theatre||Jun. 10-13|
|BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND||Odyssey Arena||Jun. 15-16|
|GREEN BAY, WI||Resch Center||Sept. 7-8|
|ROSEMONT, IL||Rosemont Theater||Sept. 10-12|
|SIOUX FALLS, SD||Sioux Falls Arena||Sept. 14-15|
|MINNEAPOLIS, MN||Target Center||Sept. 17-19|
|HUNTINGTON, WV||Big Sandy Superstore Arena||Sept. 21-22|
|TORONTO, ONT||SkyDome||Sept. 24-26|
|NEW YORK, NY||Radio City Music Hall||Sept. 30-Oct. 3|
|OTTOWA, ONT||Corel Centre||Sept. 27-28|
|LOWELL, MA||Tsongas Arena||Oct. 5-6|
|WALLINGFORD, CT||Oakdale Theater||Oct. 8-10|
|FT. WAYNE, IN||Allen County War Memorial Coliseum||Oct. 12-13|
|CARBONDALE, IL||SIU Arena||Nov. 14-15|
|AUSTIN, TX||Frank Erwin Center||Oct. 19-20|
|DALLAS/FORT WORTH TX||NOKIA Theatre At Grand Prairie||Oct. 22-24|
- This live show / video marked:
- The first major live show to not have any new Barney songs.
- The fifth and last live show to be released on home video.
- The only appearances of Mike played by Blake Garrett, Donny played by Alex Collins, Sarah played by Tory Green, and Gina played by Alexis Acosta. However, prior to this, Sarah (Tory Green) made her first cameo in the trailer of Come on Over to Barney's House and she appeared in the "Barney Says" segment in "It's Your Birthday, Barney".
- The only time Stacy and Laura appeared together.
- This video was released the same day "All About Me" premiered.
- Rebecca Wilson (who played Kelly in Barney Live! In New York City) was credited as a dancer.
- In the first quarter of the tour, Hayden Tweedie reprised her role of Sarah. She was replaced by Tory Green in Fall 2003.
- On that note, this Barney stage show marks the only national tour and the first stage show since Barney Live! In New York City to feature child cast members from the show reprising their roles.
- Although Hayden Tweedie is not seen reprising her role as Sarah in this video, she is seen portraying her character in the book adaption of this video.
- To promote the video release of the tour, Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, and the polar bear from the show performed "It's C-C Cold BRRRR!" in 2004 for the 78th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- When this live show was released on video, it was edited with scenes of Season 9's cast members (Stacy, Laura, and Jackson). The beginning was also edited, as the beginning of the original stage show had Barney doll spinning on the idea bench before coming to life. Instead, we see the kids imagine Barney putting on a show, which later immediately cuts to Barney coming through the curtains. In the UK video releases, three British children prepare for a pretend trip with Barney (a Barney plush toy that could be bought in stores, like in the US version) and imagine going on a trip. One of the kids spins the globe and from there, it transitions to Barney coming through the curtains (much like in the US opening).
- In the show itself, a Barney doll sat on the idea bench before the show started. Right after the overture, the Idea Bench started to spin with a timpani roll, smoke arising from behind it. The spinning became increasingly faster as the bench went farther back. When the costumed Barney came through the curtains, the doll on the bench appeared to vanish. This was achieved with a part of the bench that was separate from the rest of the bench. The Barney doll was actually attached to this platform. This small platform for the doll flipped upside down, the front of the hollow, bottomless seat hiding the doll when the costumed Barney appeared, insuring that the two were never seen at the same time. The top of the Barney doll's head can be seen under the right bench seat in various shots of the home video. The outline of the bottom the platform can be seen on this seat of the bench as well. In addition to the live version this is the only time where we hear a male announcer saying "When we play in the park with Barney, we spin around on the idea bench and use our imaginations. If you want to play with Barney, use your imagination." rather than the "Today's appearance of Barney is made possible by your imagination" announcement.
- The video was filmed at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Arizona in March 2004.
- In this show, the arrangement of the song, "Just Imagine", used was also a prototype of the one used from "Fairy Tales" onwards. In addition, the second verse was also cut out.
- The North American tour was presented by "Toys "R" Us".
- Unlike the two previous stage show videos (Barney's Big Surprise and Barney's Musical Castle), there are no intermission scenes or references in this one.
- This video was released on Brian Eppes' 25th birthday, Jordan Kaufman's 17th birthday, Blake Garrett's 12th birthday, and Cameron ten Napel's 5th birthday.