|Barney Home Video|
|Barney's Sense-Sational Day|
|Release Date||January 14, 1997|
|Written by||Mark Bernthal|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
|Run Time||52 Minutes|
Once Upon A Time
Barney's Colors & Shapes
Barney's Sense-Sational Day is a Barney Home Video that was released on January 14, 1997.
Barney discusses the subject of our five senses, and he encourages the kids to use video to capture everything they see, hear, touch, smell, or taste over the course of a day. When they're done with that, everyone gets involved in making a movie with BJ in the lead, much to his delight. There's only one word to describe this much fun: Sense-Sational!
- Barney (Voice: Bob West, Costume: David Joyner)
- BJ (Voice: Patty Wirtz, Costume: Jeff Brooks)
- Kim (Erica Rhodes) (debut)
- Carlos (Corey Lopez)
- Jason (Kurt Dykhuizen)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Barney Theme Song
- The Rainbow Song
- Mix a Color
- Taking Turns
- The Having Fun Song
- Listen to the Mockingbird (Barney's Version)
- The Exercise Song
- Have a Snack!
- Brushing My Teeth
- The Having Fun Song (Reprise)
- The Popcorn Song
- The Five Senses Song
- I Love You
- This video marked:
- The first Barney home video to feature a preview of Joe Scruggs.
- The first home video preview announced by Dean Barnett.
- The first home video directed by Fred Holmes.
- The twelfth time where Time Lapse is used. It is seen the movie, Captain Pickles Saves the Day, with the scene Speedy-Girl, played by Kim, showing off her fast running skill.
- The first appearance of Kim and the final appearance of Carlos.
- The last regular appearances of Tosha and Jason until Sing and Dance with Barney.
- The final usage of the Season 2 Barney doll.
- The first time BJ goes as his superhero alter-ego, Captain Pickles.
- The only time Kim and Carlos appeared together.
- The last home video to feature the Treehouse and School sets before they renovated months after the filming of this video.
- Although this video was released in 1997, you can actually see "Copyright 1996 Lyons Partnership, L.P." at the end of the credits. This may mean that this video was produced in 1996.
- After not being sung for 7 years, "Hug A Color", having been retitled as "Mix a Color", returns in this video since Barney Goes To School. The arrangement heard in this video was also a prototype of the arrangement used from Colors All Around onwards.
- Baby Bop is mentioned near the end (BJ refers to her as "Sissy").
- The jobs that BJ wanted to be a baseball player, a cowboy and a astronaut are later reused in "Good Job!".