|Barney Under The Sea|
|Developer||7th Level, Inc.|
|Preceded by||Fun on the Farm with Barney|
|Succeeded by||Barney Goes to the Circus|
Barney Under The Sea is a video game that was released in 1997.
Barney Under The Sea is an educational title aimed at pre-school children aged two and upwards. It was compatible with the Barney ActiMate toy via a device known as a PC Pack, for example covering the toy's eyes caused both the toy and the in-game character to play peek-a-boo while squeezing the toy's middle toe caused both Barney's to sing a song related to the current game. The game has keyboard shortcuts that perform the same functions for those who do not have an ActiMate.
This game comprises the following six activities:
- Baby Bop's Mermaid Castle: Here players are shown two scenes each depicting a room in the house. Below these scenes are pictures of everyday items and the player must drag and drop the items into the correct room.
- BJ's Giant Shell: The player is shown a picture of a person and is asked to click on different parts of the body such as 'arm', 'hand' and 'neck'.
- Hootin' Annie's Undersea Cave: Here the player is shown a number of animals and has to identify and click on the one specified.
- Trisha's Treasure Chest: The player is shown a set of animals and must select the odd-one-out.
- Professor Tinkerputt's Dive Site: The professor gives the player a number and the player must stack that number of shells on top of one another.
- Video Submarine: This contains clips from Who's Who On The Choo Choo?, Gone Fishing!, May I Help You?, Classical Cleanup, Twice Is Nice!, A Welcome Home, Shopping For A Surprise! and Look At Me, I'm 3!
Games can be played in explorer mode where there are no right or wrong answers, this is designed to encourage children to play and experiment. When they do start playing 'seriously' all games have three levels of difficulty which can be quite challenging. For example at level three in Hootin' Annie's Undersea Cave the player is shown a night scene where only the creatures eyes are visible, they must identify the whale, seal, etc by the sound they make when the mouse rolls over them.
Characters / Cast
- Barney (Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson)
- BJ (Voice: Patty Wirtz)
- Professor Tinkerputt (Voice: Steve Franken)
- Hootin' Annie (Voice: Julie Johnson)
- Trisha Treasure Chest (Voice: Grey DeLisle)