|Barney Home Video|
|Barney in Concert|
|Release Date||July 29, 1991|
|Written by||Sheryl Leach|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Run Time||46 Minutes|
Barney Goes To School
Rock with Barney
Barney in Concert is the seventh and second-to-last video in the Barney & The Backyard Gang series, and Barney's first ever stage show. The concert took place in March 1991, and was released on video four months later, on July 29, 1991.
Barney and the Backyard Gang perform at the Majestic Theater in Dallas, Texas, singing both familiar children's tunes and hits from the video series. Barney introduces a new friend named Baby Bop, a shy two year old triceratops, who joins in the show after meeting the Backyard Gang.
- Barney (Voice: Bob West, Costume: David Joyner)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Dao Knight) (debut)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Amy (Becky Swonke)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Adam (Alexander Jhin)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Barney Theme Song
- Everyone is Special
- The Backyard Gang Rap
- We Are Barney and the Backyard Gang
- Down on Grandpa's Farm
- The Noble Duke of York
- Pop Goes the Weasel
- Alphabet Song (English, Hebrew and French)
- Where is Thumbkin?
- Sally the Camel
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Baby Bop's Song
- Baby Bop's Street Dance
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Bubble, Bubble Bath
- Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Firetruck
- Down by the Station
- You're a Grand Old Flag
- I Love You
Behind the Scenes
- This video was originally advertised as being available on May 15th, 1991.
- This video marked:
- The first appearance of Baby Bop. Her introduction segment is later shown in the Barney's Favorite Memories featurette. This same featurette erroneously refers to this show as "Barney Live".
- The first time David Joyner performs Barney.
- The first Barney video to be televised, as part of the Barney & Friends Family Marathon.
- The first video to feature a slower arrangement of "I Love You" as heard on Barney & Friends Season 1. At the end, before the curtain call starts, there is a extra piano arpeggio, but it gets drowned out by everyone saying goodbye. The instrumentals are clearly heard on the soundtrack.
- The last time "I Love You" is sung with the Backyard Gang lyrics.
- In some copies of the 1992 VHS, as well as the 1995/1996/2000 rereleases of this video, Bob West re-dubbed "Everyone is Special" using the current lyrics for the song, as apposed to the ones originally used. In addition, the "Everyone is Special" bit in the credits medley is rearranged. Other than those differences, the video is the same as the original 1991 release.
- The rendition of the "Barney Theme Song" used in the show uses similar instruments that were later used in the Barney & Friends version of the song.
- In 1992, Time Life Video released an audio cassette featuring all 19 songs from this video, in addition to selling most of the Season 1 Barney & Friends episodes on VHS. Another version of the same cassette was released by Lyons themselves.
- In the Spanish version of this video, the "Barney Theme Song" during Barney's entrance was sung in the Barney & Friends lyrics instead of the Backyard Gang lyrics.
- In the Spanish and Philippines versions, "Bubble, Bubble Bath" was not sung.