|This article is about the video . You may be looking for the song.|
|Barney Home Video|
|Release Date||July 8, 1997|
|Available on DVD||Yes (when it was re-released as Barney's Outdoor Fun!)|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
|Run Time||51 Minutes|
Barney's Musical Scrapbook
Barney's Adventure Bus
Hannah, Kim, and Chip are playing a game in the playground when Stephen joins them wearing a forest ranger uniform. After a visit from a forest ranger, Stephen decides he wants to become a forest ranger too but has never visited a forest. With a little imagination, Barney brings his friends to a special summer camp, Camp Wannarunnaround.
Before the camp activities can begin, the kids rush to clean their bunkers. Afterwards, Barney and his friends warm up with exercises. After BJ joins the group, Barney takes his friends to the camp's lake. Barney and the kids do some fishing, while BJ does some boating.
Upon returning to the forest, Barney wants to show his friends how to pitch a tent. The kids look around for materials to practice pitching tents when they discover Baby Bop's blankey. Although struggling previously, Barney shows his friends his finished, spacious tent. Baby Bop proceeds to build her own "puppy" tent when a puppy dashes out. Barney and his friends look around for the puppy before getting to play with it.
Later in the day, Barney takes his friends on a nature hike through the forest where they discover different animals. Upon reaching a resting spot, Barney informs his friends that it's time to unpack their mess kits. BJ mistakenly thinks that a mess kit is for making a mess and begins to litter all over the ground. Barney teaches his friends the importance of picking up after oneself, leading to cleaner brighter world. Upon cleaning up, Stephen discovers a pinecone, learning that the seeds of a pinecone can grow an entire forest. While having lunch, Barney shows his friends various nature parks on the adventure screen. When a pack of mosquitos disrupt their lunch, Barney and his friends quickly pack their belongings and scurry back to the campsite.
Later in the evening, the kids join Barney for a sing-along. They help come up with the name for Baby Bop's new puppy: Bingo. Baby Bop and BJ join in on the fun, when BJ declares he wants to tell a scary story. After frightening Baby Bop, Barney tells his friends to listen quietly for all the sounds of the night time. As the day comes to a close, Barney's friends lower the flag. Baby Bop and BJ return home. Barney and his friends sing I Love You and return to the school. Stephen thanks Barney for bringing him to a forest and places the pinecone next to the doll.
- Barney (Voice: Bob West, Costume: David Joyner)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Jeff Ayers)
- BJ (Voice: Patty Wirtz, Costume: Jeff Brooks)
- Hannah (Marisa Kuers) (debut)
- Kim (Erica Rhodes)
- Stephen (Chase Gallatin)
- Chip (Lucien Douglas) (debut)
- Barney Theme Song
- The Noble Duke of York
- Camp WannaRunnaRound
- The Exercise Song
- Lake Medley (The Fishing Song / Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
- Oh Where, Has My Little Dog Gone
- A Hiking We Will Go
- London Bridge
- Pick Up Your Part of the World
- That is What it Means to Be A Friend
- Scary Stories
- Listen to the Night Time
- Camp WannaRunnaRound (Reprise)
- I Love You
- This video marked:
- The first appearances of Hannah and Chip.
- The thirteenth episode where time lapse is used. Before the fun activities start, the kids hastily clean their rooms. The audience sees the kids running in fast motion around Barney, making him dizzy, before Hannah and Kim run to their bunkhouse. Afterwards, Stephen and Chip clean their bunkhouse and change their clothes. Time Lapse was also used when Barney & the others rush back to their campsite with their gear after being attacked by mosquitoes.
- Production for this video took place in February 1997.
- Because this, Barney's Adventure Bus, and Barney's Good Day, Good Night were released before season four aired, Bob Singleton's arrangement of the theme song was still used for these home videos. However, this version of "I Love You" is similar to the season four version.
- The Adventure Screen goes from being a portable television-like set on wheels to being animated with CGI.
- During the song "BINGO", Barney's camping jacket becomes buttoned and unbuttoned.
- After Stephen leaves at the end of this video, his hat that Barney is wearing transforms into a camp outfit (a hat and green bowtie).
- After singing "The Noble Duke of York", Chip, Hannah, and Kim don't see Barney coming to life.
- As Baby Bop and BJ are leaving, a crew member is seen holding the dog before he comes into Baby Bop's arms.