Carlos has a little brother named Juan. They only appeared together in "If the Shoe Fits..." and "Any Way You Slice It". He also has a cat named Fluffy and a bowl of goldfish (named Super, Dee, and Duper; a play on Barney's famous phrase) who he mentions in "Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends".
Carlos lives with his little brother, Juan, his mother, and his father, as mentioned in "Room for Everyone", where he paints a picture of them. He also has a grandmother. Carlos and Juan are of Mexican descent like Luci and Tina.
- Barney Live! In New York City (first appearance)
- If the Shoe Fits...
- Room for Everyone
- Shopping for a Surprise!
- Any Way You Slice It
- A Welcome Home
- Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends
- It's Raining, It's Pouring...
- Are We There Yet?
- Ship, Ahoy!
- Up We Go!
- Once Upon a Time
- Barney's Sense-Sational Day (final appearance)
- Carlos never watched anything in the The Adventure Screen.