|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Easy, Breezy Day!|
|Season 4, Episode 16|
|Air date||November 24, 1997|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
|Theme||The Windy Weather|
Windy Day Activities
Good, Clean Fun!
All Mixed Up
A spell of windy weather is all that’s needed to launch Barney and his friends into a day of fun, adventure and discovery. Jingling wind chimes herald Barney’s arrival, distracting Ashley from the book she’s enjoying on hot-air ballooning. BJ “blows” in, full of attitude and questions. The Adventure Screen shows the wind’s effects in many forms, and Barney explains that the sun’s heat is what helps start the air in motion. The children play several “windy” activities and games, such as a bubble chase, a sailboat race (using fans made with the Barney Bag), and BJ’s favorite, the “parachute flap.” Ashley’s desired “wind” activity seems out of reach – she’d love to go flying in a real hot-air balloon! But with a little imagination and a friend like Barney, anything might happen on this easy, breezy day!
Stories: The Wind and the Sun
- Barney Theme Song
- Jingle at the Window
- Ta-Ra-Ra Boom-Dee-Ay
- The Barney Bag
- We're Sailing Out Over the Ocean
- London Bridge
- Hey, Look at Me! I Can Fly!
- I Love You
- This episode marked:
- The only time that Scooter listens to Stella's story.
- Another rare time BJ calls Baby Bop by her name, by saying the line "Boy, I can't wait to tell Baby Bop about all the great stuff we did today!".
- Scooter makes a reference to The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Saying to Miss Etta "Does this make me a flying squirrel?".
- Ashley is the only human girl kid in this episode.
|• First Day of School • Is Everybody Happy? • Pennies, Nickels, Dimes • We've Got Rhythm • Tick Tock Clocks!
• Waiting for Mr. MacRooney • Let's Build Together • It's Tradition • A Picture of Health • Play Ball!
• A Different Kind of Mystery • Going on a Bear Hunt • Let's Eat • Tree-Mendous Trees • Good, Clean Fun!
• Easy, Breezy Day! • All Mixed Up • Oh, Brother...She's My Sister • Once a Pond a Time • E-I-E-I-O