- This episode is not to be confused with the the song of the same name.
|Barney & Friends Episode|
|My Family's Just Right For Me|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||April 7, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Different Kinds of Families|
The Queen of Make-Believe
Playing It Safe
Family Night is coming up the following week and the kids are having fun with families in different ways. All except for Kathy, who feels her family is too small since she's an only child. Barney comes to see the others' projects for the special night, while she is in sorrow. Bringing it up to Barney later, he tells her that her family's love is a wonderful size. Luci reads a story about family pets, and Kathy leads the gang in singing My Family's Just Right for Me, to show her changed thoughts.
Stories: Animals are Family
- Barney Theme Song
- The Family in the Dell
- Hush Little Teddy
- Rock-A-Bye Baby
- Riding in the Car
- The Sister Song
- Where is Family?
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- I Love You
- This episode marked:
- The quote "He's tangled up in the jump-rope again." references Three Wishes.
- On the PBS Pledge Drive version of this episode, the songs, "The Family in the Dell" and "Where is Family?" were edited out to make the episode shorter. Additionally, the ending to the "Barney Theme Song" is different than the original version. The title card is slightly different than the original version in text color and positioning. The Barney Says segment is also much different.
- The squeaky toy that Luci pulled out of the chest resembles the same toy seen in The Backyard Show.
- In the Hebrew version, "The Family in the Dell" and "BINGO" were not sung. Additionally, Barney can be seen dancing in the background during "Hush Little Teddy".
- The tire swing is red in the Hebrew version