|Barney & Friends Episode|
|My Family and Me|
|Season 7, Episode 18|
|Air date||November 8, 2002|
|Written by||Michael Anthony Steele|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Different Kinds of Families|
It's a Happy Day!
Nick, Whitney and Gianna are invited to a picnic, but they don't know who invited them. They're instructed to bring a family treasure, so Nick shows them a toy truck that belonged to his father. Whitney's treasure is a bracelet her grandmother gave her, and Gianna's treasures are teddy bears - which leads to singing "Teddy Bear Picnic." Mario's family treasure is a book given to him by his brother. As the children discuss types of families, they learn that families might even include pet dogs! Barney explains that no matter the size, families are people who love one another. Arriving at the picnic, they discover that Barney sent their invitations and that he has a special surprise; it's a family picnic, and their families were invited too! When asked why his family didn't come, Barney responds that his friends are his family.
- Barney Theme Song
- The Wheels on the Truck
- Where is Family?
- Teddy Bear Picnic
- I Love to Read
- In Our Family
- I Just Can't Wait
- Gonna Have A Picnic
- Me and My Family
- I Love You (Extended Version)
- Working Title: "We're A Happy Family"
- This is another time where "Time Lapse" is used. It was Nick drawing pictures of his aunts, uncles and cousins while telling the others.
- This is the second time "I Love You" is sung for three verses after Barney's Great Adventure.
- This is another time where no one says goodbye to Barney at the end.
|•All Aboard! • Up, Down and Around! • Tea-riffic Manners • Puppy Love • Bunches of Boxes • Stop! Go!
• Red, Yellow and Blue! • Play for Exercise! • Come Blow Your Horn! • A New Friend • Numbers! Numbers!
• This Way In! This Way Out! • Spring Into Fun! • Play It Safe! • Three Lines, Three Corners • A Parade of Bikes
• It's a Happy Day! • My Family and Me • Splish! Splash! • BJ's Really Cool House