|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Play for Exercise!|
|Season 7, Episode 8|
|Air date||September 11, 2002|
|Written by||Michael Anthony Steele|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
|Theme||Exercise for Health|
Red, Yellow and Blue!
Come Blow Your Horn!
Whitney, Beth, and Scott enjoy playing catch with the ball, as well as leapfrog, but they're surprised to learn from Barney that they are exercising while they play. Soon more children join them for a game of jump rope. Baby Bop loves dancing and skipping - and thinks she will like hang gliding when she grows up, and BJ loves basketball. But everyone loves giggling and wiggling as they sing "The Giggle, Gaggle, Wiggle Dance". A rain shower moves the fun and games indoors, and the kids learn that you can have fun while you exercise indoors as well. Barney invites the viewers to run in place with him and reminds everyone of the importance of stretching. When BJ's stomach growls, Barney uses snack time as a good time to learn about eating healthy foods and drinking healthy fruit juice. Good food, good juice, good exercise and good friends like Barney make every day a healthy one!
- Barney Theme Song
- Jack Be Nimble
- Exercising, Won't You Come and Join Me?
- The Gaggle, Giggle, Wiggle Dance
- What Can We Play on a Rainy Day?
- Run, Run in One Place
- Growing Big and Tall
- Snackin' On Healthy Food
- Do Some Exercise
- I Love You
- Working Tittle: "Exercise Is Fun!"
- Footage of this episode was included in one of Jimmy Kimmel's segments of Unnecessary Censorship.
- This episode was featured on the home video, Shake Your Dino Tail!.
|•All Aboard! • Up, Down and Around! • Tea-riffic Manners • Puppy Love • Bunches of Boxes • Stop! Go!
• Red, Yellow and Blue! • Play for Exercise! • Come Blow Your Horn! • A New Friend • Numbers! Numbers!
• This Way In! This Way Out! • Spring Into Fun! • Play It Safe! • Three Lines, Three Corners • A Parade of Bikes
• It's a Happy Day! • My Family and Me • Splish! Splash! • BJ's Really Cool House