Rock with Barney is the eighth and final video in the Barney & The Backyard Gang series. It was released exclusively in Neiman Marcus stores in August 1, 1991. This video had a wide release on January 27, 1992.
Adam's mother takes Barney and the Backyard Gang to a TV studio where she works. While there, Barney and the Backyard Gang tour the studio on their own, while producing their own show. From a cereal commercial set and a puppet show and the six little ducks and teddy bears and the US flag and an island paradise and a make up place to a jungle, the show is filmed along with many props in the studio. With the power of imagination and some movie magic, anything is possible when Barney's around.
Educational Theme: The Parts of a Movie Studio/Ways to Protect our Earth
- Barney (Voice: Bob West, Costume: David Joyner)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Dao Knight) (cameo)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Amy (Becky Swonke)
- Luci (Leah Montes)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Adam (Alexander Jhin)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Adam's Mother (Lourdes Regala)
The Backyard Gang's New Friends
- "Barney Theme Song"
- "We Are Barney and the Backyard Gang"
- "Help Protect the Earth"
- "Apples and Bananas"
- "Down By the Bay"
- "Six Little Ducks"
- "Me and My Teddy"
- "My Dear Country"
- "Yankee Doodle Dandy"
- "I Can Laugh"
- "The Frog on a Log"
- "Good Manners"
- "Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?"
Behind the Scenes
- This video marks:
- The final time the Backyard Gang version of the "Barney Theme Song" is used.
- The final appearances of Amy and Adam. In the television show, Barney & Friends, the characters were replaced by Min and Shawn.
- The first appearance of Kathy. Kathy would later become a regular cast member for the first three seasons of Barney & Friends.
- The only appearances of AJ, Joseph, Jennifer, and Adam's Mother. In the TV show, the latter kid was written out and she replaced by Tosha.
- The only time Kathy appeared with Amy and Adam.
- The final time Dao Knight performs Baby Bop.
- The final time Derek is never seen wearing glasses.
- The first time, as well as the only Backyard Gang video, when "I Love You" was not performed, even though it is used a score when Barney comes to life and when he and Baby Bop say goodbye to the kids.
- The first time Barney comes to life completely on-screen.
- The first time Barney wears something for when he comes to life.
- The second the Barney doll does not wink at the end after Barney Goes To School. Instead, when the kids and Adam's mom leave, the camera zooms in to where the donkey prop is, and the donkey winks.
- This video was originally a Neiman Marcus exclusive, as part of their Barney Boutique.
- As part of this partnership, the video had several local premieres in the Dallas area. By being an In-Circle Club member, Nieman Marcus customers were able to purchase packages that included a theater viewing of the video.
- Rickey Carter is uncredited for this video.
- On the producers' slate, it has the name Barney & Friends, which happens to be the name of the television show, Barney & Friends, in production in 1991.
- Production for this video took place in April 1991.
- Barney in Concert: Tina's line, "Hey, let's do that song we did in our concert."
- The Backyard Show: The duck umbrellas.
Barney Live! In New York City • Imagination Island • Barney's Talent Show • Barney's Fun & Games • Barney's 1-2-3-4 Seasons • Once Upon A Time • Barney's Sense-Sational Day • Camp Wannarunnaround • Barney's Adventure Bus • Barney's Good Day, Good Night • It's Time For Counting • Barney in Outer Space • Barney's Big Surprise • Barney's Halloween Party • What A World We Share • Walk Around The Block With Barney • Let's Play School
|DVD only releases|