|Season 10, Episodes 189-208|
|Executive Producers||Karen Barnes|
Michael Anthony Steele
|Musical Directors||Joe Phillips|
|Production Company||HIT Entertainment|
Connecticut Public Television
|Season Premiere||September 18, 2006|
|Season Finale||October 13, 2006|
- Barney (Body: Carey Stinson / Voice: Dean Wendt) [40/40]
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers / Voice: Julie Johnson) [35/40]
- BJ (Body: Kyle Nelson / Voice: Patty Wirtz) [34/40]
- Riff (Body: Adam Brown / Voice: Michaela Dietz) [31/40]
- David (Emilio Mazur) [8/40]
- Ryan (Reese Wilson) (debut) [8/40]
- Jackson (Daven Wilson) [7/40]
- Olivia (Brenna Demerson) (debut) [7/40]
- Tracy (Victoria Lennox) [7/40]
- Amy (Molly Wilson) (debut) [6/40]
- Rachel (Hunter Pecunia) [6/40]
- Sophie (Camille Goldstein) (debut) [5/40]
- Ethan (Sinjin Venegas) (debut) [5/40]
- Allison (Mariah Snyder) (debut) [4/40]
- Emma (Hope Henderson) (debut) [4/40]
- Lindsey (Ashlan Cunningham) (debut) [4/40]
- Claire (Alexia Bailey) (debut) [4/40]
- Sadie (Cosette Goldstein) (debut) [4/40]
- Bethany (Breonna Burnham) (debut) [3/40]
- Lacey (Leesa Zimmermann) (debut) [3/40]
- Lucas (Victor Lopez) (debut) [3/40]
- Melissa (Mary Wheat) (debut) [3/40]
- Peter (Preston Strother) (debut) [3/40]
- Scott (Braeden Kennedy) (debut) [3/40]
- Josh (Cameron Rostami) (debut) [3/40]
- Bridget (Madison Pettis) [2/40]
- Danny (Darrak White) (debut) [2/40]
- Haley (Christina Burdette) (debut) [2/40]
- Laura (Julia Nicholson) [2/40]
- Riley (Reagen Rees) (debut) [2/40]
- Samantha (Miranda Money) (debut) [2/40]
- Melanie (Kelly Eichenholz) [1/40]
- Abigail (Hayley Sharp) (debut) [1/40]
- Jason (Cooper Allen McCullough) (debut) [1/40]
- Jessica (Marisa Salatino) (debut) [1/40]
- Madison (Abby Loncar) (debut) [1/40]
- Matthew (Choyse Hall) (debut) [1/40]
- Patty (Cameron tenNapel) (debut) [1/40]
- Kelly (Alexandra O'Brien) [1/40]
- Sarah Bauza (played a Mexican Musician in Arts)
- David Perez (played a Mexican Musician in Arts)
- Emmanuel Bucio (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Leonardo Ferretiz (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Liliana Figueroa (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Joselyn Medrano (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Hansel Palencia (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Lehi Palencia (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Austin Rodriguez (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Christina Stoner (played a Mexican Dancer in Arts)
- Chloe Colville (played Carmen in Movement and Days of the Week)
- Sydney Reinhardt (played Hope in BJ's Snack Attack)
- Madeline Bell (played Morgan in Counting)
- Chance Jonas-O'Toole (played Brian in Pets)
- Jackson Pace (played Adam in Pets and Mother Goose)
- Kaitlin Lindley (played Kathy in Winter)
- Chelsea Huss (played Audrey in Fun with Reading)
- Mia Ford (played Anna in Days of the Week)
- Doug Terranova (played Farmer MacDonald in Days of the Week)
- Zachary Soza (played Mario in Sharing)
- Breuer Bass (played Matt in Sharing)
- Alexandra O'Brien (played Kelly in Sharing)
- Julie Johnson (played Mother Goose in Mother Goose)
- Makayla Crawford (played Little Miss Muffet in Mother Goose)
- Grayson Vanover (played Little Boy Blue in Mother Goose)
- Katherine Pulley (played Polly in Mother Goose)
- Kathryn Yee-Young (played Kaitlyn in Mother Goose)
- Grace Vowell (played Becky in Things I Can Do)
- Marisa Diotalevi (played Juggler in Things I Can Do)
- Michael Taber (played Michael in Differences)
- Zachary Flores (played Jake in Differences)
- Alex Smith (played Jamal in Dancing)
- Anna White (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Antonio Velez (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Erica Rhodes (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Graham Duncan (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Ryan Warren (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Samantha Sanso (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- Steven Lankton (a Hip Hop Dancer in Dancing)
- John Roady (a Native American Dancer in Dancing)
- Ester Roady (a Native American Dancer in Dancing)
- Marie Roady (a Native American Dancer in Dancing)
- Rose Roady (a Native American Dancer in Dancing)
- Michael Gabbard (a Native American Dancer in Dancing)
- Bryce Cass (played Joey in Careers)
- Craig Boarini (played Mel, the Mail Carrier in Careers and China)
- Stacy Dizon (played a Police Officer in "Careers")
- Christine Lanning (played an Artist in "Careers")
- Maria Lau (played Mrs. Chen in "China")
- Ty Farris (played Li-an Chen in "China")
- Michele Rene (played Mrs. Matuma in "Kenya")
- Kieara Blackshear, Alex Edwards, Leslie Gutierrez, Jasmine James, Cambrie Mitchell, Cecil Moore, Adryan Moorefield, Chloe Price, Ashli Ramos, Ebony Rodriguez, Constance Wade, and Alexis Wilson (played African Dancers in "Kenya")
- Moussa Diabate, Kevin Fontes, Christopher Rollings (played African Drummers in "Kenya")
|1||189||"Welcome, Cousin Riff" and "Special Skills"||Carter Crocker||Fred Holmes||September 18, 2006|
|Welcome, Cousin Riff: Barney informs Baby Bop and BJ that their cousin Riff has moved into town!
Special Skills: Baby Bop and BJ decide to put on a special puppet show in the park. Riff utilizes his music ability to enhance the show.
|2||190||"Airplanes" and "Boats"||Michael Anthony Steele||Jim Rowley||September 19, 2006|
|Airplanes: BJ brings his new airplane toy to the park. Riff decides to borrow BJ's airplane toy. But when Riff can't seem to put BJ's toy airplane back together, BJ puts his toy airplane back together to make it good as new.
Boats: Barney shows Baby Bop about boats. BJ and Baby Bop build a boat for Barney and Baby Bop.
|3||191||"Butterflies" and "Bugs"||Cheryl Ammeter||Fred Holmes||September 20, 2006|
|Butterflies: Baby Bop cares for a caterpillar that is going through metamorphosis.
Bugs: BJ shows Barney, Baby Bop, Riff, and the kids his bug collection. When Riff is scared of bugs, Barney shows him that bugs can be cool!
New Barney Songs: None
|4||192||"Shapes" and "Colors"||Michael Anthony Steele||Jim Rowley||September 21, 2006|
|Shapes: At the shapes carnival in the park, Riff is upset that his good lucky medal is gone. Barney and his friends set out to help him find it.
Colors: Baby Bop, BJ and the kids paint a big rainbow in the park.
New Barney Songs: Playing the Shapes
|5||193||"Seeing" and "Hearing"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||September 22, 2006|
|Seeing: Baby Bop tries to convince to BJ and Riff that she had seen an elephant in the park.
Hearing: BJ and Riff compete to see who can make the loudest noise in the park.
New Barney Songs: When You Hear
|6||194||"Glad to Be Me" and "Arts"||Cheryl Ammeter||Fred Holmes||September 25, 2006|
|Glad to Be Me: Barney helps Riff overcome his shyness by introducing him to some friends.
Arts: Barney introduces his friends to different forms of art at an art festival.
New Barney Songs: None
|7||195||"Movement" and "BJ's Snack Attack"||M.G. Hamilton||Fred Holmes||September 26, 2006|
|Movement: Coach Baby Bop and BJ help Barney prepare for the sack race.
BJ's Snack Attack: BJ's binge on sweet treats leads him to dream about a world full of sweet treats.
New Barney Songs: Exercise is Good for You
|8||196||"Counting" and "Letters"||Fred Holmes / Perri Verdino-Gates||Fred Holmes||September 27, 2006|
|Counting: To teach Baby Bop how to count, Barney takes her on a treasure hunt for buried treasure.
Letters: Everyone makes a sign for Riff's music concert.
|9||197||"Pets" and "Vets"||Jim Lewis||Jim Rowley||September 28, 2006|
|Pets: When BJ loses Bryan's dog, he learns the importance of taking care of pets.
Vets: When Baby Bop's teddy bear gets injured, Doctor Barney and Doctor Riff help fix her up.
|10||198||"Winter" and "Summer"||Karl Geurs||Fred Holmes||September 29, 2006|
|Winter: Baby Bop waits for the first snowfall of the year.
Summer: It's summertime, and Everybody enjoys summer activities!
New Barney Songs: If All the Snowflakes
|11||199||"Caring" and "Rhythm"||Cheryl Ammeter / Karl Geurs||Fred Holmes / Jim Rowley||October 2, 2006|
|Caring: It's Barney's Birthday, and his friends are throwing him a party. After many of Barney's friends give him store-bought presents, Riff questions if Barney would like his homemade gift.
Rhythm: Barney and his friends perform a marching band parade to teach Baby Bop all about rhythm.
|12||200||"Playing Games" and "Fun with Reading"||Carter Crocker||Jim Rowley||October 3, 2006|
|Playing Games: Everyone teaches Baby Bop the importance of following the rules when playing games with friends.
Fun with Reading: Barney, Baby Bop and Riff help BJ's toe feel better.
New Barney Songs: Won't You Imagine with Me?
|13||201||"Making Mistakes" and "Separation"||Karl Geurs||Jim Rowley||October 4, 2006|
|Making Mistakes: After BJ accidentally paints the caboose red, yellow, and blue on "Make the Park Pretty Day!"; Barney, Baby Bop, Riff, and the kids help him fix it by working together.
Separation: Baby Bop is upset that she misses BJ and Riff, so Barney helps her by keeping friends close.
|14||202||"Days of the Week" and "Sharing"||Jim Lewis||Jim Rowley||October 5, 2006|
|Days of the Week: Barney comes up with fun activities for his friends to do during the week, as they wait for the petting zoo.
Sharing: After Riff busts BJ's new scooter, he holds a rummage sale in order to buy a new one!
|15||203||"Rabbits" / "Ducks and Fish"||Michael Anthony Steele||Fred Holmes||October 6, 2006|
|Rabbits: Detective BJ helps Baby Bop figure out which animal is eating her snacks.
Ducks and Fish: Riff takes care of some baby duck eggs.
New Barney Songs: None
|16||204||"Mother Goose" and "Fairy Tales"||Charlotte Spivey / Fred Holmes||Fred Holmes||October 9, 2006|
|Mother Goose: Characters from The Land of Mother Goose come to the caboose in search for their lost things.
Fairy Tales: Barney tells Baby Bop the story of Pandora's Box while she waits for her surprise.
New Barney Songs: None
|17||205||"Things I Can Do" and "Differences"||Hannah Hall / Jim Lewis||Fred Holmes||October 10, 2006|
|Things I Can Do: Baby Bop becomes frustrated that there's one more thing that she can't do, and Barney, Riff and the kids help her find something that she can do.
Differences: When the kids leave a boy in a wheelchair out of their fun, Barney decides to let him know that he feels the same way sometimes.
New Barney Songs: Being Me
|18||206||"Dancing" and "Singing"||Perri Verdino-Gates||Jim Rowley||October 11, 2006|
|Dancing: Barney encourages Jamal to dance at the dance party.
Singing: Barney tells the story called "The Princess Without a Song to Sing" where a princess found her song with the help of a very wise king!
New Barney Songs: None
|19||207||"Neighborhoods" and "Careers"||Stephen White||Fred Holmes||October 12, 2006|
|Neighborhoods: Riff loses his drumsticks, so Barney and the others help him find them by looking around their neighborhood in the park.
Careers: Baby Bop wants to be three forever, until Barney shows her the fun of taking on a grownup job!
New Barney Songs: None
|20||208||"China" and "Kenya"||Michael Anthony Steele||Jim Rowley||October 13, 2006|
|China: BJ's Chinese Pen Pal visits the park.
Kenya: Kenya, African Dancers and Kenya, African Musicians perform in the park! Baby Bop loves dancing, while Riff loves music. But when they are asked to do opposite roles, they learn to appreciate both dancing and music.
New Barney Songs: The Dance of the Dragon
- This season marked:
- The first season to be in the Barney and Friends' Fourth Era (January 21, 2006 - January 3, 2012).
- The first season in which Karen Barnes is the executive producer, replacing the last new executive producer Randy Dalton.
- The first season appearance of Riff.
- The final appearances of Jackson,
- The first appearances of Ryan, Olivia, Amy, Lucas and Claire.
- The only appearances of Sophie, Ethan, Allison, Emma, Lindsey, Sadie, Bethany, Lacey, Melissa, Peter, Scott, Josh, Danny, Haley, Riley, Samantha, Abigail, Jason, Matthew, Jessica, Madison, and Patty.
- Originally, a small cartoon segment was placed between the first and second episode in each whole episode. However, before Season 11 introduced "Barney's Music Box" segment, the cartoon was scrapped and re-airings of some episodes of this season have the "Barney's Music Box" segment.
- Set Renovations:
- The Park: The roof of the gazebo is now taken off & magical musical stepping stones are added.
- The Caboose: The green closet now appears inside.
- At a 47 kid cast, this season has the largest cast of any season. However, the kids are significantly downplayed, so that this season could focus on Barney and the dinosurs. The kids rarely have any lines or get to sing. In fact, Jamal and Michael are the only two kids that get to sing this season: Jamal sang "Look at Me I'm Dancing!" and Michael sang "I Can See It on Your Face" with Barney.
- Like in Season 9, Barney comes to life during the end of the theme song, not during the episode.
- The reason Season 10 (and 11) got episodes cut in half was so that it could air on BBC in the UK. If the episode length didn't get changed, Barney would have gotten dropped. BBC has gone to a format where all the shows were 10-15 minutes long.
- The following episodes this season have alternate endings that did have the song I Love You sung, that can either be seen in HIT Favorites episode videos, the UK iTunes, Season 14, Netflix For Extra and The Kindle:
- Winter (HIT Favorites: Winter Wonderland/Season 14)
- Butterflies (HIT Favorites: Springtime Fun!)
- Movement (UK iTunes version)
- Welcome, Cousin Riff (Season 14)
- Things I Can Do (Season 14)
- Airplanes (Season 14)
- Glad to Be Me (Netflix For Extra/The Kindle)
- Days of the Week (HIT Favorites: Preschool Fun)