The eleventh season of Barney & Friends premiered on the PBS children's block, PBS Kids from September 17, 2007 to October 12, 2007 and consisted of twenty episodes (40 segments). This season continues off of the format from the previous season. Although Barney comes to life after the theme song in this season as well, some episodes this season depict Barney coming to life in the actual episode. Rather then continuing educational themes tailored for toddlers, which is the viewing audience, this season uses a social-emotional curriculum, which is outside the original target audience of the show.
Continuing off of Season 10, this season brings back a prominent children's cast, that was absent in the previous season as they were reduced to background characters. This season also introduces a new interstitial titled Barney's Music Box, a set of music videos that place Barney in different animated environments.
This was the final season to be produced by Connecticut Public Television, the PBS station that brought Barney & Friends on television.
This season was originally announced to premiere on September 3, 2007 before moving the premiere date back to September 17, 2007.
Around this time, writers were instructed to write "conflict based" episodes, rather than continuing the curriculum format from the previous seasons.
- Barney (Voice: Dean Wendt, Costume: Carey Stinson) [40/40]
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Jeff Ayers) [24/40]
- BJ (Voice:Patty Wirtz, Costume: Kyle Nelson) [27/40]
- Riff (Voice: Michaela Dietz, Costume: Adam Brown) [23/40]
- Ryan (Reese Wilson) [13/40]
- Tracy (Victoria Lennox) [11/40]
- David (Emilio Mazur) [11/40]
- Laura (Julia Nicholson) [8/40]
- Melanie (Kelly Eichenholz) [8/40]
- Rachel (Hunter Pecunia) [8/40]
- Eva (Laikyn Garcia) (debut) [7/40]
- Victor (Nathaniel Quijano) (debut) [6/40]
- Megan (Lacy Cavalier) [5/40]
- Amy (Molly Wilson) [5/40]
- Olivia (Brenna Demerson) [5/40]
- Nathan (Preston Falconer) (debut) [5/40]
- Tyler (Hunter Knoche) (debut) [5/40]
- Sofia (Halle Tomlinson) (debut) [5/40]
- Tori (Ariel Sanders) (debut) [5/40]
- Marcos (Jeremy Becerra) (debut) [3/40]
- Mei (Kathryn Yee-Young) (debut) [3/40]
- Dylan (Donovan Mbroh) (debut) [2/40]
- Lily (Luxy Banner) (debut) [2/40]
- Myra (Lexi ten Napel) (debut) [2/40]
- Noah (Keeton Green) (debut) [2/40]
- Heidi (Beckett Galloway-Chapa) (debut) [2/40]
- Claire (Alexia Bailey) [2/40]
- Kelly (Alexandra O'Brien) [1/40]
- Lucas (Victor Lopez) [1/40]
- Zachary Soliz (played Melanie's Brother in "The Sleepless Sleepover")
- Hayden Tweedie (returned to play Sarah in "The Whole Truth")
- Steven Walters (played the Balloon Vendor in "Bop 'til You Drop" and plays the Turtle and the Frog in "The Nature of Things")
- Shannon McGrann (playedas theOwl and Duck in "The Nature of Things" and Susan in "Best in Show")
- R. Bruce Elliott (played Ryan's Grandpa in "Grandpa's Visit")
- Lisa Baker (played Mom in "Listen!")
- Grady Spears (as himself in "Trail Boss Barney")
- Jessica Angelskhan (played Rancher Carolyn in "Trail Boss Barney")
- Tiffany McEvers (played Rancher Samantha in "Trail Boss Barney")
- Maria Durand (played the Mime in "Get Happy!")
- Devyn Crook (played Terry in "For the Fun of It")
- Lacy Cavalier, Madison Le, Sinjin Vengas, Leesa Zimmerman, Kenneth Ball, Paul Ledet, Emily Levinson, and Shafer Wilkerson (played the Royal Ball Dancers in "No, No, No!")
- Devin Turnham (played Dana in "Beethoven's Hear!")
- Alan Pollard (played Mr. Beethoven in "Beethoven's Hear!")
- Laurel Whitsett, Alison Tolman, Gazel Poignard and Joe Nemmers (played Moms in "Sweet Treats")
- Bryce Cass (played as Ramon in "Sweet Treats")
- Kattia Prado (as Ramon's Mom in "Sweet Treats")
- Alison Mack (played Heidi in "That's What a Mommy Is")
- Cara Serber (played Heidi's Mother in "That's What a Mommy Is")
- Kyler Lanning (played Baby Andrew in "That's What a Mommy Is")
- Summer Selby (played Tracy's Mother in "That's What a Mommy Is")
- Christine Cunningham, Blake Davidson, Jacquelyn Lengfelder, and Sam Presley (played the Christmas Carolers in "Gift of the Dinos")
- Paul Taylor (as the Mailman in "A Visit to Santa")
- Jeff Ayers (played as one of Santa's Elves in "A Visit to Santa")
- Kyle Nelson (played as one of Santa's Elves in "A Visit to Santa")
- Adam Brown (played as one of Santa's Elves in "A Visit to Santa")
- Steve Jones (played Santa Claus in "A Visit to Santa")
- David Voss (performed as the monkey in "Riff's Musical Zoo")
- Josh Martin (performed as the polar bear in "Riff's Musical Zoo")
- Tracie Foster (performed as the penguin in "Riff's Musical Zoo")
- Keria Leverton (performed half of the elephant in "Riff's Musical Zoo")
- Patrick McAlister (performed half of the elephant in "Riff's Musical Zoo")
|#||Episodes||Written By||Directed By||New Barney Songs||Interestrial||Original Airdate|
|1||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||"Just Can't Get Enough"||Barney's Music Box ("Old MacDonald Had a Farm")||September 17, 2007|
|"Pistachio": After Barney eats too many pistachios, his friends show him the importance of eating them in moderation.|
"Full Team Ahead": BJ excludes his cousin from his baseball team, after not having any athletic ability. Barney teaches him that the best way to play baseball is to share the experience with all of his friends.
|2||Karl Geurs / Michael Anthony Steele||Jim Rowley||"What Should I Do?"||Barney's Music Box ("Hickory Dickory Dock")||September 18, 2007|
|"The Magic Words": When Baby Bop forgets to use "Please" and "Thank You", Barney tells her the story of "The Princess and the Magic Words" where a princess could not say the magic words because she did not use them often.|
"Litterbot": Riff creates a robot that cleans up trash from the park. When the robot malfunctions, it's up to Riff and his friends to lend a helping hand.
|3||Jim Lewis||Steven Feldman/Fred Holmes||Barney's Music Box ("The Wheels on the Bus")||September 19, 2007|
|"Bop 'til You Drop": After Baby Bop loses her pink balloon, her friends give her a whistle to signal for them to play together. When she becomes too bossy, Barney teaches her the importance of being a good friend.|
"The Sleepless Sleepover": Barney helps Melanie get over her fear of sleeping outside tonight at a sleepover campout in the park.
|4||Fred Holmes||Fred Holmes||"Country Music Star", "Down on Grandpa's Place", "Sing a Brand New Song", "What Shall We Paint Today?"||Barney's Music Box ("If You're Happy and You Know It")||September 20, 2007|
|"Little Red Rockin' Hood": Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, Riff and the kids put on a twist on a classic fairy tale story of "Little Red Rockin' Hood" where a wolf and a young girl combined their music together to form "Country Rock."|
"The Whole Truth": After BJ takes credit for Sarah's painting, Barney teaches him to always be honest with his friends.
|5||Michael Anthony Steele||Fred Holmes||"The Wind"||Barney's Music Box ("Itsy Bitsy Spider")||September 21, 2007|
|"The Wind and the Sun": When Baby Bop and BJ fight to use the same place in the park, Barney tells them the story called "The Wind and the Sun"|
"The Nature of Things": After Rachel makes a mess in the park, she dreams about how littering affects many animal homes.
|6||Dean Stefan||Fred Holmes||"The Things I Want to Do"||Barney's Music Box ("Old MacDonald Had a Farm")||September 24, 2007|
|"The New Kid": After Riff befriends a new kid, BJ fears that Riff is not his friend any more.|
"Grandpa's Visit": Ryan's grandfather visits the park in search of a special bird.
|7||Karl Geurs||Jim Rowley||"Welcome to My Tea Party"||Barney's Music Box ("Hickory Dickory Dock")||September 25, 2007|
|"The Big Garden": Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids harvest crops in the garden in the park.
"Listen!": Barney's friends help Detective Riff figure out where a strange noise is coming from.
|8||Karl Geurs||Jim Rowley||"Adventuring to the Circus", "When Tomorrow Comes"||Barney's Music Box ("The Wheels on the Bus")||September 26, 2007|
|"Lost and Found": After promising he would take care of the circus tickets, BJ loses them and sets out to find them.|
"Pot Full of Sunshine": Baby Bop helps take care of a flower. After her flower died, Barney and the kids help her feel better.
|9||Fred Holmes||Fred Holmes||Barney's Music Box ("If You're Happy and You Know It")||September 27, 2007|
|"Trail Boss Barney": Barney takes his friends to a working ranch.
"Get Happy!": Riff creates a device to make Olivia happy.
|10||Michael Anthony Steele / Karl Geurs||Steven Feldman/Fred Holmes||"Trying and Trying", "Do Your Best"||Barney's Music Box ("Itsy Bitsy Spider")||September 28, 2007|
|"For the Fun of It": BJ wants to learn a basketball trick just like his friend Terry. Through the process, he learns the importance of perseverance.|
"Starlight, Star Bright": During a sleepover campout, Baby Bop sees a shooting star and wonders where it had gone.
|11||Karl Geurs / Cheryl Ammeter||Fred Holmes||"Nobody Likes To Hear No!"||Barney's Music Box ("Old MacDonald Had a Farm")||October 1, 2007|
|"Big as Barney": After observing the positive impact Barney has on his friends, Ryan decides that he wants to act and look just like Barney.|
"No, No, No!": Baby Bop is frustrated about hearing "No" all the time. So, Barney tells her the story of Cinderella.
|12||Charlotte Spivey||Jim Rowley||"Honesty"||Barney's Music Box ("Hickory Dickory Dock")||October 2, 2007|
|"The Emperor's Contest": After Ryan thinks about cheating in a fishing contest, Barney tells him a story about how a boy became emperor by being honest.|
"Beethoven's Hear!": After Riff wonders if he would still like music if he was deaf, Barney introduces one of the best deaf musicians of all time - Beethoven.
|13||Karl Geurs / Don Gillies||Steven Feldman||Barney's Music Box ("The Wheels on the Bus")||October 3, 2007|
|"Guess Who?": Riff decides on a costume for the Halloween Party.|
"Sweet Treats": Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, Riff and the kids go trick-or-treating at the Halloween party in the park. After Ramon loses all his Halloween candies, BJ shares his Halloween candies with him.
|14||Jim Lewis||Fred Holmes||"Wishing Wishes", "The Parade Song"||Barney's Music Box ("If You're Happy and You Know It")||October 4, 2007|
|"Best in Show": Susan lets BJ enter her dog Pilgrim in a dog show!|
"The Chase": After the kids fight over wanting to do the same thing, Barney tells them a Native American story that teaches to be yourself and not follow to the crowd.
|15||Debbie Boyle Perry||Fred Holmes||Barney's Music Box ("Itsy Bitsy Spider")||October 5, 2010|
|"Dream Big": Hoping to go to Mars in outer space, Riff builds his own rocket ship. When his plans do not succeed, Barney teaches him the importance of sticking to his dreams.|
"That's What a Mommy Is": After witnessing many helpful and caring mothers in the park, Baby Bop wonders what makes a really good mommy.
|16||Kayte Kuch||Brian Mack||Barney's Music Box ("Old MacDonald Had a Farm")||October 8, 2007|
|"The Shrinking Blankey": Baby Bop is concerned that she may be outgrowing her blankey.|
"The Awful Tooth": Barney and his friends help Riff overcome his fear of the dentist.
|17||Greg Sumner / Debbie Boyle Perry||Steven Feldman||"Barney's Name Game"||Barney's Music Box ("Hickory Dickory Dock")||October 9, 2007|
|"The Blame Game": Marcos accidentally breaks Melanie's project and fears that she may not want to be his friend anymore. Barney teaches him that a good friend is an honest friend.|
"What's Your Name?": Myra believes that her name is boring. So, Barney's friends figure out the origin of their names.
|18||Michael Maurer||Fred Holmes||Barney's Music Box ("The Wheels on the Bus")||October 10, 2007|
|"The Magic Caboose": Barney and the kids board the magic caboose to take pretend trips to different countries.|
"BJ the Great": BJ wants to become a great magician, but does not want to practice. When he thinks he has turned his sister into a turtle, he learns that practice makes perfect.
|19||Karl Geurs / Debbie Boyle Perry||Fred Holmes||"Santa's Wrapping Crew"||Barney's Music Box ("If You're Happy and You Know It")||October 11, 2007|
|"Gift of the Dinos": During a secret santa session, BJ and Riff decide to give up their prized possessions to give the ultimate gift to each other.|
"A Visit to Santa": Melanie misses the mailman when she wasn't getting her Christmas letter to him on time, so Barney takes her on a trip to Santa's workshop at the North Pole to deliver her Christmas wish list to Santa.
|20||Michael Maurer / Michael Anthony Steele||Steven Feldman / Fred Holmes||Barney's Music Box ("Itsy Bitsy Spider")||October 12, 2007|
|"Riff's Musical Zoo": After Tracy's Mom can't take the kids to the zoo, Riff uses stuffed animals and musical instruments to mimic animals sounds to create a "musical zoo"!|
"The Princess and the Frog": After Baby Bop promises Ryan to watch his pet frog, Barney tells her the story of "The Princess and the Frog" to remind her to always keep her promises.
- This season marks the final season that has twenty episodes with purely new content.
- Despite Riff not appearing in "The Magic Caboose" / "BJ The Great", Michaela Dietz and Adam Brown are credited for being the voice and costume respectively.
- Some halves of these episodes had different titles in the program guides of some PBS stations like "Storyteller" and "What's In A Name?" (not to be confused with the Season 5 episode, "What's In A Name?").