|Season 2, Episodes 31-48|
|Executive Producers||Sheryl Leach|
Mark S. Bernthal
|Musical Directors||Bob Singleton|
|Production Company||The Lyons Group|
Connecticut Public Television
|Season Premiere||September 27, 1993|
|Season Finale||October 20, 1993|
Season 2 of Barney & Friends aired from September 27 to October 20, 1993.
- Barney (Body: David Joyner/Voice: Bob West) [18/18]
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers/Voice: Julie Johnson) [10/18]
- BJ (Body: Jenny Dempsey/Voice: Patty Wirtz) (debut) [5/18]
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II) [11/18]
- Min (Pia Manalo) [10/18]
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes) [10/18]
- Derek (Rickey Carter) [10/18]
- Tina (Jessica Zucha) [9/18]
- Kathy (Lauren King) [9/18]
- Michael (Brian Eppes) [7/18]
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel) (debut) [4/18]
- David (Kenny Cooper) (debut) [3/18]
- Robert Hurtekant (played David in "Falling for Autumn!")
- Cliff Porter (played Granddad Richards in "Grandparents Are Grand!")
- Jane Hall (played Kathy's Nana in "Grandparents Are Grand!")
- Sandy Walper (played Mother Goose in "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!")
- Ray Henry (played Clarence the Goose in "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!")
- Jenny Dempsey (played Mr. Bear in "Hoo's in the Forest?")
- Becky Keenan ("Grown-Ups for a Day!")
- Douglas Burks ("Grown-Ups for a Day!")
- Tomie dePaola ("Picture This!")
- Leah Montes (returns to play Luci in "The Exercise Circus!")
- Joe Scruggs ("'The Exercise Circus!")
- Joe Ferguson ("My Favorite Things")
- Jordan Kaufman ("Stop, Look and Be Safe!")
- Kurt Dykhuizen (played Jason in "The Alphabet Zoo")
- Mary Ann Brewer (played Aunt Molly in "The Alphabet Zoo")
- R. Bruce Elliott (played Mr. Tenagain in "Having Tens of Fun!")
- Ella Jenkins ("A Very Special Delivery!")
- J.D. Mosley (played as Tosha's Mom in "A Very Special Delivery!")
- David J. Courtney (played Tosha's Dad in "A Very Special Delivery!")
- Mario and Tiffany Starghill (played Kevin and Kyle in "A Very Special Delivery!")
|#||Episode||Written By||Directed By||New Barney Songs||Original Airdate||Production Code|
|1||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||I Like Autumn||September 27, 1993|
|Barney and the kids prepare for the school's fall festival.|
|2||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||No Matter What The Name
No Matter Where They Are
|September 28, 1993|
|Derek's grandfather and Kathy's grandmother visit the school. When Tina misses her abuelo, she learns that a grandparent's love always exists.|
|3||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||Turn Off the Light||September 29, 1993|
|The kids show Barney their normal school routine. The kids perform "The Three Billy Goats Gruff."|
|4||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||My Yellow Blankey
Wave the Flags
|September 30, 1993|
|Barney shows his friends that shapes and colors exist all around them.|
|5||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||The Library||October 1, 1993|
|After Clarence the Goose runs away, Mother Goose returns to the school for help. Barney and the children recite their favorite Mother Goose rhymes to lure Clarence back to Mother Goose.|
|6||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||Listen||October 4, 1993|
|Barney takes the kids to a forest to learn about different animal sounds.|
|7||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||Hello, Goodbye
The Clean Up Clock
|October 5, 1993|
|Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids discuss things that they can do. Barney brings out his special tap dancing shoes to tap dance in them.|
|8||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||A Silly Hat||October 6, 1993|
|By trying on different costumes and hats, the kids pretend to have different careers. Barney brings some friends to the school to show the kids their career.|
|9||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||It's Nice Just to Be Me||October 7, 1993|
|Barney and the kids spend the day drawing pictures. Tomie dePaola drops by to show the kids how he draws pictures. Barney and the kids collaborate on their own original book.|
|10||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||Look at Me, I'm Three||October 8, 1993|
|It's Baby Bop's third birthday; so, Barney and the kids throw her a surprise birthday party. Baby Bop's brother BJ drops by to join in the fun.|
|11||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||None||October 11, 1993|
|Barney and the kids incorporate exercises into circus acts to show Tina that exercising can be fun. Joe Scruggs visits the school to share a silly song.|
|12||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||None||October 12, 1993|
|Barney and his friends share their favorite things. Joe Ferguson visits to tell a story about shapes.|
|13||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||Silly Things||October 13, 1993|
|Shawn is worried about his loose baby tooth. Barney assures him that losing teeth is natural for his age. Tosha and Kathy show Barney and the other kids the procedure of a dental check-up.|
|14||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||Indoor-Outdoor Voices||October 14, 1993|
|Michael shows his new crossing guard uniform to his friends, leading to a discussion all about safety.|
|15||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||Just Imagine
|October 15, 1993|
|To help BJ learn how to use his imagination, Barney sets up a make-believe adventure to find a missing princess.|
|16||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||The Tiger Song||October 18, 1993|
|Barney and the kids decide to create their own zoo, filled with animals that start with each letter of the alphabet. Aunt Molly drops by to share a story.|
|17||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||A Big Parade Of Numbers||October 19, 1993|
|Barney's friend, Mr. Tenagain, visits the school to show the kids fun counting activities. Meanwhile, Mr. Tenagain has a very special surprise for Baby Bop!|
|18||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||None||October 20, 1993|
|Tosha's special surprise is on the way. While they wait, Barney and the children discover different ways that make each of them special. Barney's friend Ella Jenkins shares some special songs with the kids.|
- Granddad Richards
- Kathy's Nana
- Aunt Molly
- Mr. Tenagain
- Tosha's Mom
- Tosha's Dad
- Mr. Honey Bear
- This season marked:
- The final season in which Kathy Parker serves as an executive producer.
- The final season in which Philip Parker serves as a song writer.
- The first season since A Day at the Beach to have the yellow toes on the Barney doll. The Barney doll from this season also appeared in Season 3, except that in that season, it was a lighter color.
- The first appearances of Julie, BJ, and Jason.
- The only appearance of David played by Kenny Cooper.
- The final appearance of Luci.
- The final regular appearances of Michael, Tina, and Derek.
- The only season to be closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute. The episodes released on Home Video, as well as a few episodes aired on television, were closed-captioned by the Caption Center WGBH Educational Foundation, except for Barney's Families are Special.
- The only season in which The Friendship Song or If You're Happy And You Know It are not performed.
- The first season of three seasons to have two renditions of "I Love You".
- The first season to have the 1993 PBS Kids logo with the P-Pals. An e/i balloon was added later in 1996.
- The first season that Kimberly-Clark and its Huggies family of baby products signed on as a sponsor, later Chuck E. Cheese's & Chef Jr. Pasta Was Added To Sponsor.
- Set Renovations:
- Playground: The swings and slide were replaced by a playground platform. The tire swing was removed.
- Classroom: Wallpaper changed. Tile floor replaced by carpet. Classroom door leading to the hallway replaced by a dutch door.
- New Barney and Baby Bop costumes are utilized, with a drastic shortening of the Baby Bop costume.
- The Barney Bag has been redesigned completely.
- Like subsequent seasons afterward (with the exception of season eight) the "Barney Theme Song" is re-shot and re-edited.
- This was the last season to be filmed at the ColorDynamics Studio in Allen. Production would move to the Studios at Las Colinas the following season.
- The production for this season began in March 1993 and ended in August 1993.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.