|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Shopping For A Surprise!|
|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air date||March 3, 1995|
|Written by||Rebecca Self Snider|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
|Theme||Shopping at the Grocery Store|
I Can Be A Firefighter!
Any Way You Slice It
Carlos reads the other kids a story about a party. They decide to have their own party and make it a surprise for Barney. Barney hears about the party and decides to go shopping for it. Baby Bop arrives and decides to join in the fun by helping Barney with the shopping. After the shopping, the children start the party and Stella the Storyteller pays a visit to tell them a story about a boy who also went shopping like Barney and Baby Bop did. Carlos and Shawn bring out the surprise guest's party hat and Barney finds out that the party was for him to thank him for being the best friend anyone in the world could ever have.
- Barney Theme Song
- Gonna Have a Party
- The Street Song
- The Mail Song
- Peanut Butter
- The Muffin Man/Hot Cross Buns/Pat-A-Cake/The Muffin Man (Reprise)
- The Rainbow Song
- Ta-Ra-Ra Boom-Dee-Ay
- Hello, Goodbye
- I Love You
- This episode reveals that Baby Bop's favorite food is macaroni and cheese.
- An alternate angle shot of Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids throwing confetti is shown in the "Barney Theme Song".
- This is also the third time where where no one says goodbye at the end.
- On the PBS Pledge Drive Version, Hello, Goodbye wasn't sung.
|• Shawn & The Beanstalk • If The Shoe Fits... • Room For Everyone • I Can Be A Firefighter! • Shopping For A Surprise!|
• Any Way You Slice It • Twice Is Nice! • On The Move • A Welcome Home • Classical Cleanup
• Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends • Gone Fishing! • At Home With Animals • It's Raining, It's Pouring...
• Camera Safari • Who's Who On The Choo Choo? • Are We There Yet? • Ship, Ahoy! • Hats Off To BJ! • Up We Go!