|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Season 5, Episode 2|
|Air date||November 3, 1998|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
|Theme|| Coping with Jealousy|
Books Are Fun!
Baby Bop and BJ are jealous of each other's lives, and they are quickly taught a valuable lesson when they decide to switch identities for a day. At first, each is thrilled to have the other's life; BJ enjoys the lack of responsibility brought on by being a toddler and Baby Bop likes the respect she is afforded through her added years. But as the day progresses, each learns to appreciate who they really are and wants things back the way they were. The children each share a similar emotion when they begin to envy something about one of their friends. Everyone gains wisdom when Stella shares Aesop's fable "The Dog and his Shadow." BJ, Baby Bop, and the children all learn to appreciate what they have and realize they are all special just the way they are.
Stories: The Dog and his Shadow / The Sleeping Princess
- Barney Theme Song
- If All the Raindrops
- BJ and Baby Bop Medley: BJ's Song / My Yellow Blankey
- Jungle Adventure
- The Sleeping Princess
- All The Pretty Little Ponies
- By Myself
- I Love You
- In this episode, the song, "By Myself" receives a totally different instrumental rendition, switching the original pop arrangement to a ragtime arrangement. This arrangement is to this day the current arrangement for that song.
- This is another time something happens to the Barney doll before coming to life. It was when Stephen accidentally threw Barney, thinking he was throwing a football.
- This group (Jeff, Keesha, Kristen and Stephen) also appeared in Be My Valentine, Love Barney (with Jill).
- This episode aired the same day that Barney's Good, Clean Fun! / Barney's Oh, Brother...She's My Sister was released.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.
|• Books Are Fun! • Trading Places • Safety First! • Circle of Friends • The One and Only You • Barney's Band
• Try It, You'll Like It! • Colors All Around • Howdy, Friends! • Seven Days a Week • Hidden Treasures
• A Royal Welcome • Sweet as Honey • First Things First! • Aunt Rachel Is Here! • It's a Rainy Day! • Easy Does It!
• What's in a Name? • A Very Special Mouse • A Package of Friendship