I loved Barney ever since I was very little. I'm trying to make this wiki great with the help of you guys. If I could be an administrator on this wiki, that would be even better!
I'm also tracking down what episodes of the Hebrew series (החברים של ברני) have been found and which ones are still lost so far. I translated most of the Hebrew titles using Google Translate. I'll update the list when more episodes are found.
|#||Hebrew Title||English Translation||Adapted from||Status||Differences from the US Counterpart||Notes|
|101||מלכת הדמיון||Queen of Imagination||The Queen Of Make-Believe||Found||I'm a Little Teapot and I'm a Little Robot weren't sung.|
|102||משפחה זאת אהבה||Family is Love||My Family's Just Right For Me||Found||1. The Family in the Dell and BINGO were not sung.|
2. Barney can be seen dancing in the background during "Hush Little Teddy".
|103||ידיים למעלה על הראש||Hands Up on Head||Hop To It!||Found||1. After the kids get Barney unstuck, if you look carefully behind the tree, you can see Baby Bop. Also in the same scene the "Barney Theme Song" is heard.|
2. When the kids were looking for Dana, the Barney doll can be seen even though Barney had already came to life after Dana sung her sad song.
3. Animals in Motion was shortened.
|104||לאכול נכון עם ברני||Eat Right with Barney||Eat, Drink And Be Healthy!||Found||1. The songs are a semitone lower except for the theme song.|
2. Peanut Butter and Milk Song weren't sung.
3. Apples and Bananas was sung, but it was shortened.
4. Barney's favorite food is revealed to be hummus.
|105||עונות השנה||Four Seasons||Four Seasons Day||Found||1. The songs are a semitone lower except for the theme song.
2. If It Never Rained Again and Fall Song weren't sung.
3. Mister Sun was sung, but it was shortened.
|The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits even though the first few seconds are intact.|
|106||צורות וצבעים||Shapes and Colors||The Treasure Of Rainbow Beard||Found||1. The songs are a semitone lower except for the theme song.|
2. And the Green Grass Grows All Around and Old Brass Wagon weren't sung, but the latter was used as an underscore.
3. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was sung, but it was shortened.
4. Barney wasn't seen or heard coming to life.
|107||מוסיקה זה כיף||Music is Fun||Practice Makes Music||Found||1. Crocodile Song and I Am a Fine Musician weren't sung.|
2. Pop Goes the Weasel, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and Frere Jacques were not played on the piano.
3. Unlike the original US version, the Hebrew version took place entirely in the classroom.
|108||לטייל עם ברני||Take a Walk with Barney||Going Places!||Found||1. The songs are a semitone lower except for the theme song.
2. The Wheels on the Bus wasn't sung, but it was used as an underscore.
3. The Airplane Song and The Happy Wanderer were both shortened. The Sailing Medley was also shortened to just A Sailor Went To Sea, Sea, Sea.
|The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits although the first few seconds are intact. The audio also cuts off a few times on the current copy.|
|109||לשתף בכיף||Share for Fun||Caring Means Sharing||Lost||Unknown|
|110||אני כבר לא פוחד||I'm Not Scared Anymore||What's That Shadow?||Found||Sampung Mga Daliri and The Shadow Song weren't sung.||The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits although the first few seconds are intact.|
|111||יום הולדת שמח||Happy Birthday||Happy Birthday, Barney!||Found||1. Baby Bop was seen standing in the classroom corner before she was supposed to magically arrive.|
2. At the end, the frame doesn't freeze.
3. Hey, Hey, Our Friends Are Here and Frosting the Cake weren't sung, but the latter was heard as an underscore when the birthday cake that has decorated came to life.
|112||אלף בית||Alphabet||Alphabet Soup!||Found||1. The Ants Go Marching" is shortened to 6 lines (instead of 10 lines). However in the Barney Collection 2 video, it is extended to 9 lines.|
2. Do Your Ears Hang Low?, Yankee Doodle and the Alphabet Song weren't sung.
3. This episode was adapted in many ways to fit the Hebrew Aleph Bet. For example, as Barney's name in Hebrew is only four letters (Bet, Resh, Nun, Yod (ברני)), the mystery word is instead Barney-le (which is six letters in Hebrew letters).
4. Baby Bop doesn't appear.
|113||גנן גידל דגן בגן||A Gardener Grew Grain in the Garden||Let's Help Mother Goose!||Lost||Unknown|
|114||להיות חבר||Be A Friend||Be A Friend||Found||Take Me Out to the Ballgame, BINGO and the Three Bears Rap weren't sung.||The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits although the first few seconds are intact. The audio also cuts off a few times on the current copy.|
|115||אני אוהבת חרקים||I Love Insects||"I Just Love Bugs"||Lost||Unknown|
|116||כשאהיה גדול||When I Grow Up||When I Grow Up...||Found||The Career March and Johnny Works with One Hammer weren't sung.||The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits despite the first few seconds being intact. The audio also cuts off a few times on the current copy.|
|117||חמשת החושים||The Five Senses||1-2-3-4-5 Senses!||Found||Miss Mary Mack and Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy? weren't sung.||The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits despite the first few seconds being intact.|
|118||שלום שכן||Hi, Neighbor!||Hi, Neighbor!||Lost||Unknown|
|119||לטיול יצאנו||We Went on a Hike||A Camping We Will Go!||Partially Found||Unknown||A few clips from this episode appear on Barney Collection 2 (2 ברני אוסף).|
|120||בבקשה ותודה רבה||Please and Thank You Very Much||A Splash Party, Please||Found||I Try To Be Polite and Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor? weren't sung.||The first few seconds of the Barney Theme Song are missing on the current copy, as well as most of the credits despite the first few seconds being intact. The audio also cuts off a few times on the current copy.|
|121||קרנבל המספרים||Carnival Of Numbers||Carnival of Numbers||Found||This Old Man, Sally the Camel and Diez Amigos were not sung.|
|122||כאן דוקטור ברני||This is Doctor Barney||Doctor Barney Is Here!||Lost||Unknown|
|123||אוי איזה יום||Oh, What A Day!||Oh, What A Day!||Lost||Unknown|
|124||טוב בבית||Good at Home||Home Sweet Homes||Lost||Unknown|
|125||חאפלה||Hafla||Hola, Mexico!||Lost||The episode was about an Arabian hafla (a feast), rather than a Mexican fiesta.|
|126||כל אחד הוא מיוחד||Everyone Is Special||Everyone Is Special||Found||1. The songs are a semitone lower except for the theme song.
2. I'm a Little Robot and The Sister Song were not sung, but a short snippet of the intros were heard.
3. All the kids say goodbye to Barney and leave.
|The entire Barney Theme Song and credits missing on the current copy.|
|201||לשחק בטוח||Play Safe||Playing It Safe||Lost||Unknown|
|202||בחווה של ברני||On Barney's Farm||Down On Barney's Farm||Lost||Unknown|
|203||אווז במנוסה||Goose on the Run||Honk! Honk! A Goose On The Loose!||Lost||Unknown|
|204||לשמור על העולם נקי||Keep the World Clean||Our Earth, Our Home||Lost||Unknown|
|205||מוסיקה עולמית||World Music||A World Of Music||Lost||Unknown|
|206||פסטיבל השלכת||Fall Festival||Falling For Autumn!||Lost||Unknown|
|207||סבא וסבתא שלנו||Our Grandparents||Grandparents Are Grand!||Lost||Unknown|
|208||תורן הכיתה||The Classroom Helper||May I Help You?||Lost||Unknown|
|209||חיות המחמד שלנו||Our Pets||Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends||Lost||Unknown|
|210||חיות||Animals (Actual Hebrew Title and Translation to be Confirmed)||At Home With Animals||Lost||Unknown|
|211||מבקרים בספארי||Visitors to the Safari||Camera Safari||Lost||Unknown|
|212||גם אני יודע לצייר||I Also Know How to Draw||Picture This!||Lost||Unknown|
|213||צבעי הקשת||Colors of the Rainbow||Red, Blue And Circles Too!||Lost||Unknown|
|214||קולות היער||The Sounds of the Forest||Hoo's In The Forest?||Found||1. Sarasponda and The Frog on the Log weren't sung.|
2. The Season 1 version of I Love You was used, with the audio being taken from Please and Thank You Very Much/בבקשה ותודה רבה.
|215||גם אני יכול||I Can Too!||I Can Do That!||Lost||Unknown|
|216||גדולים ליום אחד||Great for One Day||Grown-Ups For A Day!||Lost||Unknown|
|217||שיניים בריאות||Healthy Teeth||The Dentist Makes Me Smile||Lost||Unknown|
|218||חיות מאל"ף ועד ת"ו||Animals from A to Z||The Alphabet Zoo||Lost||Unknown|
|219||מסיבת הפתעה||Surprise Party||Shopping For A Surprise!||Lost||Unknown|
|220||יש מקום לכולם||There's Room for Everyone||Room For Everyone||Lost||Unknown|
|221||קרנבל בינלאומי||International Carnival||Any Way You Slice It||Lost||Unknown|
|222||בית חם||A Warm Home||A Welcome Home||Lost||Unknown|
|223||מנקה מוזיקלי||Musical Cleaner||Classical Cleanup||Lost||Unknown|
|224||?איך סופרים עד עשר||How to Count to Ten?||Having Tens Of Fun!||Found||1. This Old Man wasn't sung.|
2. The Season 3 version of I Love You was used.
|225||יוצאים לסיבוב במכונית||Going for a Ride in the Car||Are We There Yet?||Found||1. They didn't bring The Barney Bag into the classroom until after they sang the song.|
2. Barney didn't go to the cleaners, but his cap magically appears after Buckle Up My Seatbelt.
3. I Love the Mountains and Mister Sun weren't sung.
|226||הפלגה נעימה||Pleasant Sailing||Ship, Ahoy!||Found||1. The scenes that took place in the classroom in the US counterpart took place on the playground in the Hebrew version.|
2. Let's Go On An Adventure and Michael Finnegan were not sung.
3. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was shortened to one verse.
4. My Hat, It Has Three Corners was shortened and sung in a different tune.
|#||Hebrew Title||English Translation||Status|
|V1||ברני אוסף 1||Barney Collection 1||Lost|
|V2||ברני אוסף 2||Barney Collection 2||Found|
Here is a known list of working titles for Barney episodes and videos.
- The Case of the Mysterious Visitor
- The Holiday Show
- Super-dee-Duper Circus
- Barney's When You Grow Up...
- Barney's Wheels, Wings & Waves
- On The Right Track
- Non-Stop Fun!
- Yellow is the Color!
- Exercise Is Fun!
- Horns A'Plenty!
- Let's Be Friends!
- Numbers Are a Breeze!
- In and Out!
- Fun Springing Up All Over!
- Boo Boo Bop!
- Wheels of Fun
- We're A Happy Family
- Water, Water Everywhere
- A Totally Awesome House
- Trying on Dreams
- Barney's Musical Countdown
I am also always looking for rare Barney tapes, especially the screening copies. You are probably wondering why I want to find Barney screener tapes. Well, it's because sometimes there are different things on some of them that are not on the official copies.
Here are a few Barney tapes that I want to get sometime if I can find them for a good price.
In fact, here's what the labels look like on some of them (including the ones that I already have):
As more screeners get uncovered, I am also tracking down if there are differences between them and their retail releases.
|Barney's Talent Show||1. One of the dog barks during "Get Along Little Dogies" wasn't heard on the screener.|
2.We hear Barney say "Oh, let's go, Alissa! We're next!" before "Down by the Bay." This was muted on the retail release
3. We hear more of Barney's scatting during "Happy Dancin'," but this was muted on the retail release.
4. The credit sequence on the screener has different audio.
|Camp Wannarunnaround||The screener has a different design for the Adventure Screen.|
|Barney's Good Day, Good Night||The credits say "Good Day, Good Night" Original Song, but the official release adds "Barney's" to it.|
|Barney In Outer Space||The screener has a different intro and a different version of the title card. Some elements were a work in progress at the time, like the credit sequence, which has no pictures or audio. Fred Holmes' name was also misspelled as "Fred Holms" and it has a 1997 copyright date.|
|Barney's Big Surprise! Live on Stage||Some elements were a work in progress at the time, as the final audio wasn't completed yet. There is no credit sequence and there is different music during said portion.|
|Barney's Halloween Party||The credits on the screener say "Barney's Halloween Party" Original Music, while the retail release replaces "Music" with "Song."|
|Sing And Dance With Barney||1.The screener version uses a ripple transition while the retail release uses the purple, green and yellow stars that would later be seen in What A World We Share.|
2. The credits on the screener have a more visible dropshadow.
|What A World We Share||During the credits on the screener, Margie Larsen's name was misspelled as "Margie Larson."|
|Walk Around The Block With Barney||1. On the screener, the credits start scrolling a second later than they do on the retail release.|
2. Just like on What A World We Share, Margie Larsen's name was misspelled as "Margie Larson."
3. Stella the Storyteller was mentioned on the credits on the screener.
|Let's Play School||Just like on Barney In Outer Space, Fred Holmes' name was misspelled as "Fred Holms."|
|Barney's Night Before Christmas||1. The title card says "The Holiday Show."|
2. During "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," we hear Barney's voice singing along at the end. This was muted on the retail release.
3. There is no credit sequence, but this portion has different audio.
|MORE BARNEY SONGS||Since the credits were not yet completed, we see a black screen with white text saying ":90 credit bed."|
|Be My Valentine Love, Barney||1. The Season 4 theme song vocals are heard.|
2. The music was composed by Bob Singleton.
3. A different recording was used for the Rhyming Machine.
4. Since the credits were not yet completed, we see a black screen with white text saying ":90 credit bed here."
|Barney's Musical Castle Live!||1. A different title card was used.|
2. There is no credit sequence.
|Read With Me Dance With Me||Since the credits were not yet completed, we see a black screen with yellow text saying "90 seconds of credits here!"|
|Movin' and Groovin'||The credit sequence has different audio.|
|Barney's Colorful World! LIVE!||1. The intro, the opening scene and the end have no audio.|
2. There is no credit sequence, but this portion has different audio.
|Video||Barney End Credits Comparison (Screener vs. Final)|
|Barney Songs (video)||Do you notice anything between the credits of these two versions?|
Check out my YouTube channel here and be sure that you subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHAqOIKFbTG0EEIWwpEC1w
- 1 Check out these cool behind the scenes photos and pictures of some of the wonderful sets that they used!
- 2 Barney & The Backyard Gang
- 3 Season 1
- 4 Season 2
- 5 Season 3
- 6 Season 4
- 7 Season 5
- 8 Season 6
- 9 Season 7
- 10 Season 8
- 11 Season 10
- 12 Season 11
- 13 Season 12
- 14 Season 13
- 15 Season 14
- 16 Non-Backyard Gang Videos
Check out these cool behind the scenes photos and pictures of some of the wonderful sets that they used!
Here's my gallery of title cards from the Barney franchise.
Barney & The Backyard Gang